Rooming/Boarding Home Fire in The Sunnyside Area

WHAT: Rooming/Boarding Home Fire
WHEN: November 26, 2021 at 7:57 a.m.
WHERE: 1200 block of Niagara, 77051
INJURIES: One dog was found deceased.
PROPERTY SAVED: $15 thousand in estimated property saved.
DAMAGE: $11 thousand in estimated damage.
CAUSE: Failure of equipment or heat source.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Firefighters arrived on scene within three minutes to find smoke and fire coming from a rooming / boarding home. The occupants were exiting the home as crews arrived on scene. Firefighters made an offensive attack and conducted a primary search and found a deceased dog. The roof was ventilated, and the fire was extinguished. The power company disconnected the electricity and firefighters conducted overhaul. There had been a report of previous electrical problems and a refrigerator had been smoking and sparking before the fire occurred. Crews from Stations 23, 26, 24, 35, 46 and 55 responded to this incident.